This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the Director of Distribution Operations, you will develop and manage the distribution networks in a manner consistent with Kit and Ace’s Omni-channel fulfillment strategy (Retail and Ecommerce). You will bring strong strategic capabilities, communication, leadership skills, and a knowledge base of DC/3PL Operations. This role must be able to collaborate effectively with business partners and senior leadership to ensure all business objectives are achieved.
You will maintain a strong team by attracting, developing and retaining top talent, developing succession plans for key positions, and providing a supportive work environment where teams are well developed.
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives
- Establish operational objectives and work plans based on company intentions
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing their competencies that drive performance
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Responsible for all 3PL/DC Operations including receiving, warehousing, transfer returns, four-wall processing, and shipping
- Responsible for all ERP administrative support related to the accuracy of inventory and fulfillment processing
- Hold regular weekly/monthly meetings with entire DC Ops team (MBR’s and QBR’s)
- Promote and maintain accurate inventory shrink within standards set by finance
- Ongoing operational development by being a leader on the retail floor, giving excellent customer service and understanding of retail floor requirements with respect to DC services
- Ensure understanding and compliance with company and departmental policies and procedures and internal controls
- Develop appropriate internal fulfillment strategies for retail and ecommerce to promote processing efficiencies, productivity and speed to market.
- Develop, create and manage budgets and key performance indicators related to the DC business processes
- Assist with developing strategic and tactical plans for distribution services through the growth phases of the Enterprise (ie. Policies, procedures, standards etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring all distribution service levels and costs are achieved in the current year while building capabilities to enhance both as the business evolves
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience in a Director level role within Distribution or Logistics Operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a management level role
- Clear communication skills to inspire, motivate, and provide cross functional leadership
- Strong IT Skills (Microsoft office applications, familiar with WMS software applications and retail systems)
- Strong responsive analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills required
- Ability to think “outside of the box”, driven by challenges and is solutions orientated
- Proven work ethic and utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Self-awareness with a desire for constant self-improvement
- Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
Reports to: Head of Global Logistics and Distribution
Working Team: Global Logistics and Distribution Team
Works Closely with: Ecommerce, Shop Development, Sourcing, Allocations, Retail Operations.
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!