This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As a Financial Analyst, Budget and Forecasting for this fast-growing retail start-up, you will be responsible for multiple tasks including budgeting, forecasting and analysis. You will manage the budget and forecast processes from beginning to end, and monitor our performance against each. You will ensure accountability is maintained at all times and that actions are taken to protect the Company’s results.
This position reports to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis. You will work closely with other members of the finance department and provide support to the rest of the Company in the areas of long-term planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
You are passionate about working in a start-up environment, being hands-on, and owning any task or challenge you are assigned. You are proactive, a self-starter and always focused on finding the right solution.
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Be a strategic partner to our stakeholders that identifies problems, seeks solutions, and outlines key company objectives
- Support the development of a KPI-based, top-down, bottom-up, long-term plan
- Support the budget process through the dissemination of targets, roll-up of submissions, and updating the budget presentation for the Executive Leadership Team
- Support the periodic business forecasting process
- Constantly evaluate the current budget and forecasting processes, and where necessary, provide recommendations for improvement that reduces time, improves accuracy and reliability
- Maintain and improve the budgeting and forecasting tools
- Manage the periodic review of department results against the budget and forecast, and track and follow up on agreed upon actions
- Use analytical skills and judgement to solve problems and frequently deal with complex issues that require in-depth evaluation
- Assist and cross-train on other duties and projects as required
- Present ad hoc business analysis and recommendations to senior management
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Minimum 4+ years of progressive accounting and analysis, preferably in a high growth, multi-channel retail environment with a global presence
- CPA designation preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – the ability to engage with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Naturally inquisitive and not afraid to ask questions, or challenge the status quo
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A creative thinker that can produce new ideas and concepts
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- Ability to handle difficult situations with confidence and attain agreement
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
|Reports to:||Director, Financial Planning and Analysis|
|Working Team:||Finance Team|
|Works Closely with:||All business departments|
|Type:||Permanent, full-time position|
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!