This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As a Key Holder, you are responsible to provide our guests with a world-class experience in the areas of product and culture. You take ownership in opening and closing the shop on time. You are able to speak authentically about who we are, and how to use our product. You love design. You value integrity. You don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Provide a world-class guest experience by connecting with each guest individually through conversation and real talk, ensuring guests plan a return visit
- Build authentic, lasting relationships with Shop guests, which are nurtured and developed
- Communicate features, benefits, fabric properties, usage, and best care instructions to guests
- Receive and process stock, and complete re-merchandising and re-pricing duties
- Use the Point of Sale system to process payments, returns and exchanges
- Drive sales and KPIs by promoting a positive culture of integrity, authenticity and intentional communication
- Promote the Kit and Ace culture by becoming a Brand Ambassador and ensuring high levels of service and operation are maintained
- Take responsibility for self-development and looks for new ways of developing both personally and professionally
- Takes ownership of opening and closing the shop in the absence of Shop Leadership team, ensuring operations are executed in line with Kit and Ace’s standards
- On call for circumstances that may require an extra set of hands to open or close the shop
- Support the Shop Leadership team through participating at in-shop events and team training
- Willingly take on other tasks as directed by the Shop Leadership team
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Possess exemplary customer service skills
- Strong personal sense of style
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly and authentic
- Comfortable working in a team focused environment
- Strong communication skills
- Second language skills is an asset
- Capable of handling difficult customer facing conversations and interactions
- Personable, love interacting with people all day
- Work a flexible schedule that will include weekends, evenings, holidays, and special events
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
|Reports to:||Shop Director|
|Works closely with:||Retail Operations, IT (shipping systems), and Brand|
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!