Kit and Ace designs contemporary luxury apparel, accessories and lifestyle products for men and women. Founded in Vancouver, BC, we have stores across North America and are opening locations internationally in 2015. Change is constant around here. We will always be innovating. Our studios will evolve, our locations will change, our product line will progress and in 100 years we could be making spaceships.
We are in constant pursuit of the newest systems, fabrics and tools to create the best in Technical Luxury™ apparel. We believe in improving the perfect. Our speciality is luxury fabrics with technical properties that allow for easier care, greater comfort and increased functionality.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and of paramount importance. It is founded on integrity, frank conversations, accountability, transparency, and continuous development.
We are committed to integrity, and to a culture of creative leadership. We make more than just perfect t-shirts – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we’ve got big, global plans.
As the Production Manager, your mission is to achieve Kit and Ace’s objectives for quality products, on time delivery, and competitive costing, both today and in the future. You will succeed by managing our product and raw materials in a structured yet entrepreneurially manner throughout the production life cycle. The Production Manager’s objective is to manage and develop a balanced portfolio of supply chain partners who can deliver on Kit and Ace’s business objectives.
- Understand the global landscape and the impact of the latest manufacturing initiatives on running a competitive business
- Develop and implement a production plan that achieves a strategic balance capability and capacity across all factories
- Analyze seasonally and monthly factory capacity and planning identifying any potential risks, ensuring structure, quick lead-times, mitigate risk, and vendor satisfaction
- Ensure finished good lead-times are minimized and reflective of in store dates
- Manage raw material reserves to ensure quick turn for reorders
- Negotiate all cost components and FOB costs to maximize our margins across each collection
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure best possible terms and payment plans for each factory ensuring healthy cash-flow and minimize unnecessary finance fees
- Onboard all new vendors to ensure a smooth onboarding transition while analyzing the vendor performance
- Ensure the product is delivered to the distribution center at the right time and the right quality
- Control the raw material reserves to maximize sales
- Smart, intelligent, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Previous knowledge of industry infrastructure, key players, suppliers, and resources an asset
- Background in global manufacturing and management
- Global sourcing and production expertise is preferred
- Strong business sense, problem solving, analytical, planning and negotiation skills
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written, oral and presentation skills) to all levels of staff
Reports to:Head of Production
Working Team:Hong Kong Team
Works Closely with:Product Development, Design, Merchandising, Technical, Quality Assurance and Production
Type:Permanent, full-time position
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the 411 behind a start up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next 5 years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Kit and Ace!