This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the Intermediate Software Developer, you will design and develop internal and guest-facing digital solutions throughout Kit and Ace to ensure the highest quality experience for our online guests.
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Review, analyze and implement user stories into digital solutions within an agile development environment
- Actively participate in sprint reviews, ensuring that estimated development efforts for tasks are accurate and achievable, indicating any potential barriers or concerns to implementation
- Actively participate in daily stand-ups, detailing successes and barriers with regards to day-to-day activities
- Working with the Applications QA team, review and resolve issues for our current web solutions, using current bug tracking tools.
- Create or update features and integration points within the Kit and Ace enterprise software landscape
- Working with local and/or outsourced development teams, facilitate the development of integration components connecting systems via an enterprise service bus.
- Investigate new technologies with the vision of leveraging them to provide a new standard for external and internal digital applications.
- Application operational support
- Triage and resolve application issues in a production environment
- Diagnose application issues when they arise and, based on severity/impact, support to resolution.
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Mulesoft experience, with CloudHub as an plus
- Experience with API development an asset
- Experience with Hybris an asset
- Groovy knowledge an asset
- 5+ years in a backend software development role
- Flexibility across multiple projects
- Solid understanding of enterprise architectures and patterns
- Mulesoft experience, with CloudHub as an plus
- Java script knowledge an asset
- Solid understanding of enterprise architectures and patterns with B2B or EComm experience
- Good communications skills, able to articulate specific issues, needs and solutions clearly and concisely
- Results-oriented and focused on quality
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Not looking to “Think outside the box”, but realize that in the applications world, there is no box
- Well organised and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Ability to handle difficult situations with confidence and attain agreement
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: IT Development Manager
Working Team: IT Team
Works Closely with: Brand Team, Ecommerce Team, Retail Team, IT Team
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!