This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As an IT Business Systems Analyst, you are responsible for a deep understanding of one or more core IT systems. You provide architectural and functional oversight for the implementation and development of IS assets. You will help lead your core systems through rapid growth and change, and provide a roadmap for forecasted business capabilities.
Throughout all project phases, the Systems Analyst continuously fosters the sharing of business, architecture, and technical information between organizations. You will be able to quickly align on solutions and models that support the business goals while maintaining consistency across the enterprise, aligning current needs to future goals.
By probing for information, observing processes and understanding non-articulated issues, the analyst recognizes opportunity, influences organically, and facilitates understanding. They will synthesize and translate ideas into actionable technical requirements, and convey those ideas to others in a coherent manner.
Beyond technical skills, this role requires deep knowledge in a specific vertical within a retail organization (Product, Finance, Commerce, Supply Chain, ERP, etc.) They are instrumental in tying technology capabilities to business requirements via the expertise of the technical architects, developers, business analysts to ‘real world’ processes.
This is a technical analyst role where you will jump at times between architect, engineer, and developer, as well. This is a dynamic role at a dynamic company where enterprise systems are still being defined.
- Collaborating with business development, technical resources, developer resources and other teams to ensure the architectural integrity and long term supportability of proposed and implemented solutions.
- Determining evolving business needs by thoroughly understanding system landscape and business processes.
- Capturing and supporting the current state architecture (operating systems, hardware, software, networks) and maintaining a solid understanding of the business processes supporting system use.
- Participating in architectural reviews, creating design patterns, building policies and standards, driving automation initiatives and documenting these activities
- Generating and maintaining artifacts such as sketches, models, early user guides, use cases, and prototypes to keep users and engineers up to date and in agreement on the system to be provided as it evolves.
- Building transition architecture connecting current to future state, by creating an iterative roadmap to get to the desired future state.
- Assisting with designing governance activities.
- Work directly with all areas of IT as well as driving project deliverables cross functionally.
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar Systems Analyst role
- Expertise in one or more core Retail System
- Current knowledge of Cloud and SaaS models
- Current knowledge of Master Data Management, Retail Enterprise Systems, OmniChannel technologies
- Current knowledge of BI and analytics
- Proven experience in developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines and operating under tight time constraints;
- Excellent communications skills with demonstrated experience in making articulate and effective oral presentations to different audiences;
- Ability to build constructive business relationships and gain the trust of others;
- Proven ability to lead, persuade and influence;
- Must be self-confident, outgoing and able to communicate effectively with management and staff;
- Good understanding of software development tools and languages
- Good understanding of development languages, development tools and the System Development Lifecycle;
- Good understanding of relational databases, preferably MS SQL Server and Oracle, and designing of data structures for use by applications and users;
- Strong customer focus with a demonstrated ability to work seamlessly with business sponsors and technologists;
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, best of breed applications;
- Excellent knowledge in system integration methodologies and tools;
- Exhibits curiosity, a commitment to learning and exploring new technology
- Experience in a retail environment
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Head of IT
Working Team: IT Team
Works Closely with: All of IT, Store Ops, Brand, Finance, Logistics, Product, and other teams as required.
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!