This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
The IT Development Manager will be a technical leader and oversee the requirements gathering, development, testing and deployment of all in-house applications at Kit & Ace. Reporting to the Enterprise Systems Manager, the IT Development Manager will liaise with department managers on changes to existing software and enhancements to solve future business problems. The development manager will be engaged in Sprint planning, schedule development resources, validate requirements, develop, test and deploy software solutions that resolve the given business problem, while also ensuring the current best practices and company software development standards are maintained.
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing their competencies that drive performance
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development
- Create and manage relationships with other departments in order to understand the business better and support their goals
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives
- Use analytical skills and judgement to solve problems and frequently deal with complex issues that require in-depth evaluation
- Research and implement agile software development standards and best practice guidelines for the Applications team
- Research existing technology solutions in order to utilize those solutions if they can be applied to solve the specific business problem. In cases where an existing solution cannot be found, works with the Applications team to come up with the best solution to the business need and ensuring that all systems are integrated accordingly
- Ensure all applications are developed with an “Enterprise-first” methodology, in that all applications will provide standard interfaces for all other internal applications to connect to, to maintain a cohesive yet distributable enterprise-level suite of applications.
- Coordinate development and QA resources for projects, after determining project priority with the department managers
- Explore and maintain strategic business partnerships with new and existing software solution providers.
- Actively participate in release management activities from release planning to deployments.
- Coach and mentor Development staff, based on skillset.
- Continually look to for new and creative technology solutions for future business needs, looking to integrate technology solutions seamlessly with the in-store and online guest experience within the Kit & Ace domain.
- Recruit and retain a “Best in class” Development team.
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Strong knowledge of the software development process, from conception to deployment, and maintenance
- Possess a high level of technical curiosity that can drive innovation
- 8+ years in a software development role
- Experience working with Database (such as MySQL, SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- Experience working with XML technology (such as XSD, SAX, DOM, XSLT)
- Experience working with Java IDE (such as Eclipse, JBuilder)
- Knowledge of application servers (such as Tomcat, JBoss)
- Knowledge of project management tools, bug tracking (such as JIRA, Trac, Bugzilla, Wiki, etc.)
- Experience with Hybris is desired
- Experience in developing E-commerce solutions a strong plus
- Experience in full SDLC
- Experience with test automation strategies and execution
- Excellent communication skills, able to articulate specific issues, needs and solutions clearly and concisely
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Not looking to “Think outside the box”, but realize that in the applications world, there is no box
- Well organized and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Great sense of humor, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
|Reports to:||Enterprise Systems Manager|
|Working Team: ||IT Team|
|Works Closely with:||All departments|
|Type:||Permanent, full-time position|
|Compensation: ||Let's talk!|
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!