This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
As the Junior Shop Director, you will be responsible for certain aspects of the business as assigned by The Shop Director. You are accountable for all the store operations and functions when The Shop Director is absent and treat the shop as if it were your own. The Junior Shop Director coaches and mentors the team in leading lives of their own design and creating exceptional experiences inside and outside of the shop. You will lead through creativity, entrepreneurship and authentic relationship building, and both embody and reflect the Kit & Ace brand and culture. You will have a strong understanding of all aspects of the business and are well connected to the shops offline and online social network.
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing their competencies that drive performance
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviors that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Assist The Shop Director in developing innovative strategies that support business, brand, culture and people growth that result in driving top line sales
- Understand the importance of customer experience and continuously creates an unexpected and noteworthy experience
- Support and build successful teams through clear, effective communication and development tools
- You are The Shop Director’s “partner in crime” in all areas of the business and potential successor to The Shop Director
- You support The Shop Director in key areas of the business consisting of, but not exclusive to, P&L ownership via expense and people management, and quarterly sales plans
- Responsible for identifying and developing your own successor
- Actively build relationships within the cities social network via social programs, supper clubs, key relationships, shop events, etc.
- Assist in the hire and development of an exceptional team that is able to drive strategy and produce results
- Capable of working in a fast paced and highly flexible environment
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- An emerging leader with documented success in leading projects and teams
- You are a visionary and have the ability to see the big picture
- Creative, adaptable, entrepreneurial and driven by integrity
- An undergraduate business related degree, or diploma
- An exceptional communicator, both internal and external
- A relationship builder in the city and neighbourhood - a true connector - out and about building key relationships
- Ability take initiative and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
|Reports to:||The Shop Director|
|Working team:||Shop Team|
|Works closely with:||Retail Team, Brand Team, Shop Team|
|Type:||Permanent, Full-Time, Sunday - Thursday|
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the 411 behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your CV and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Kit and Ace!