As the People Development Coach, you will provide personal one-to-one coaching to Kit and Ace employees that support their personal development, enable them to communicate powerfully and live a life of their own design. You will work closely with the People Development Manager and Head of People to design, develop and deliver leadership and development programs that support the success of our teams.
You are an innovative, flexible and experienced training and development professional who is passionate about creating engaging learning experiences and programs that align with organizational strategy. You have a proven track record of creating training that embodies and enhances organizational culture and ensuring it is aligned with business priorities in a retail environment.
- Provide personal one-to-one coaching to Kit and Ace employees that support their personal development and enable them to communicate powerfully resulting in business objectives being achieved
- Model the company culture with each coaching interaction, and reinforce our linguistic abstraction to support the understanding of our company mission, values, and culture
- Model and demonstrate the behaviours that shape our company culture, enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace Brand at all times
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Researches innovation in leadership development and coaching; benchmarks and applies best-in-class approaches gleaned from both the coaching and leadership development fields
- Work collaboratively with the Head of People and other Development Coaches within Kit and Ace to ensure the coaching program is successful, flexible, and continues to meet the needs of the employees and greater organization
- Working collaboratively with the People Development Manager and other key stakeholders, create, develop and execute a People Manager leadership and Key Talent development programs including: needs assessments, sourcing/creating content, communication and implementation strategy, and cross training of other facilitators and program evaluation
- Support and facilitate of People Development programs such as High Potential and internal communications that engage, enroll, inspire and retain our people
- As required, lead company engagement surveys and assessment instruments. Research suitable existing surveys or custom designed, and manage the administration, interpretation and reporting of results
- Work cross functionally with all departments to source relevant content in specific program or skill areas and ensure it meets the needs of learners.
- Holds a recognized coaching or counselling certification
- 3-5 years in a role focused on coaching, talent development and/or Human Resources and organizational development
- At least 100 hours of one on one coaching, in personal and professional development capacity
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Demonstrate organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively across divisions, functions, and levels
- Strong desktop skills in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and effectively communicate at all levels
- Demonstrate ability to exercise judgement within broadly defined policies and practices
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral and the ability to adapt to different levels within the organization
- Knowledge of various types of learning evaluation methods and tools
- Ability to develop strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audience verbally and in writing. Coupled with the ability to present at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking
- Ability to manage several large scale projects that overlap in timeframes
- Flexibility and composure when dealing with difficult/sensitive situations
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Head of Creative Leadership
Working Team: The Talent Development and People Teams
Works Closely with: All other business departments
Type: 15 month contract, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!