This is Kit and Ace – we make technical apparel for your real life. We take the best principles of athletic performance design and apply them to clothing you can wear all day.
We live, design, fit and test in Vancouver, Canada – a city perfectly suited to our full-contact lives. We are on the go non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. We design clothes that can transition from city to nature, from bike to boardroom, from strategy session to Sunday session. That West Coast ethos extends to our international markets and Showrooms in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
We compare ourselves to the best retail shops in the world and we set our standards high. Our culture is strong and we take it seriously. It is founded on integrity, innovation, quality, accountability and continuous development.
We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We make more than just technical essentials – we are developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Anything is possible and we have big plans.
Kit and Ace is looking for a Product Copywriter to join their Brand Creative team. In this role, you are responsible for creating product copy for Kit and Ace’s guest-facing marketing channels: email, digital marketing assets, windows, look book, social media and global market campaigns.
You will translate your expert knowledge of Kit and Ace product into compelling narratives that showcase technical function and performance features. You will support the Product Copy Team in defining and describing those features.
The person best suited for this role is creative, resourceful, highly flexible, detail oriented and thrives working cross-functionally. As Campaign Copywriter, you will support many different parts of the business – assisting in product copy creation and ecommerce assets. You are comfortable writing both creative and functional copy.
- Partner closely with the product design, graphic design, digital marketing and copy teams to deliver multi-channel stories that highlight our product
- Plan and write weekly email campaigns speaking to our product
- Develop concepts and copy for
- Create copy for social channels that underscore our product and the Kit and Ace lifestyle
- Develop seasonal window copy for our international shops
- Create print and digital content strategies to support quarterly international market campaigns, and create necessary collateral
- Assist in writing on-brand copy for product description pages
- Assist in research necessary to procure information needed for seasonal product communication
- Support in product naming
- Maintain deadlines and negotiate alternative plans as needed
- Support Copy Team, including ideation, editorial for the Ante and HQ content requirements, as needed
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a relentless learner
- Very comfortable giving and receiving feedback on creative
- Very organized
- A sharp understanding of apparel and design – you know how to talk about clothes and how they’re made
- A keen eye – you notice the smallest details that others would miss
- Editing experience – you can instantly spot a cheeky dangling modifier or a hyphen where there should be an N-dash
- Expert storyteller – your imagination can turn a t-shirt into a page-turner and you can bring a product to life from a simple line drawing
- Highly adaptable – you can easily move between projects with ease
- Proven ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team
- Excellent sense of style, colour and fashion trends
- Experience working in CMS platforms is an asset
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Excellent understanding of product, design and fashion language
Reports to: Content & Copy Manager – Brand Creative
Working Team: Brand Creative
Works Closely with: all other departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!