As a Senior Accountant for this fast-growing retail start-up, you will be responsible for multiple tasks including monitoring the completeness, accuracy and existence in our financial reporting and contributing to the full-cycle accounting process including reconciling accounts to preparing consolidated reports. You are analytical and like digging into the details to find the answers. This position reports into the Controller.
You are passionate about working in a start-up environment, being hands-on, and owning any task or challenge you are assigned. You are proactive, a self-starter and always focused on finding the right solution.
- Leading and organizing overall monthly checklist and procedures and be a key contributor to a 10 day period close process.
- Reconcile and prepare consolidation entries and assist in preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts when necessary and prepare appropriate journal entries for review and posting. Including verifying the completeness and accuracy of assigned accounts.
- Reconciling rent, labour and operating expense schedules.
- Track and reconcile fixed asset accounts.
- Completing and filing monthly US sales tax returns and Canadian GST/HST returns
- Prepare schedules and working papers for period end financial reporting.
- Prepare cash forecasts and organize cash funding for various operating entities.
- Contribute to the mentorship of junior staff.
- Contribute to or create control processes from the ground up to ensure efficient processing that generates accurate, timely, and actionable data.
- Provide financial analytical support and respond to requests for financial information from other departments as needed.
- Play a key role in assisting external auditors as part of our year-end audit by preparing working paper files that support the financial statements and responding to inquiries.
- Be involved in the definition and creation of key corporate policies and procedures and the implementation of internal controls.
- Support Controller with all tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Assist and cross-train on other duties and projects as required.
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal oriented, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Designated as a CA, CMA, CGA, CPA
- Expertise and understanding of process flows in the context of IT systems is an asset
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive accounting, preferably in a high growth, multi-channel retail environment with a global presence
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication skills, solid problem solving skills and an ability to prioritize demands and manage expectations
- A creative thinker that can produce new ideas and concepts
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and take initiative
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Controller
Working Team: Finance
Works Closely with: Production, Logistics and all other business departments
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the 411 behind a start up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed and attaching your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next 5 years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Kit and Ace!