Reporting to the Creative Director, the Senior Content Strategist helps shape a holistic strategy for all content online and in-store. They are comfortable with the tools available to a content analyst (audit, analysis, build editorial calendars, content management), but also capable of constructing an informed plan that turns insights into actions. The Senior Content Strategist lives at the center of content strategy and creative and is able to transition ideas into goal-driven messaging tactics, content architecture, and editorial plans. This person is part copywriter, part social media/community superstar, part online trend tracker and part creative multimedia storyteller. As a Content Strategist you will help the brand identify the types of content that need to be created, channels that need to be supported, build guidelines and best practices.
- Allocate 30% of your time to lead, develop, coach and guide your team in establishing goals and developing their competencies that drive performance
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
- Define, model and demonstrate the behaviours that enhance engagement, build enduring relationships and represent the Kit and Ace brand at all times
- Responsible for developing 360 content strategies based on the guest and business goals
- Collaborating with Creative team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction of online/offline initiatives
- Responsible for building content publication workflows
- Responsible for performing content inventories/audits, derive valuable insights from the findings, and form
- Collaborating with UX team to help define content-driven site as well as page level-needs and content structure
- Developing comprehensive messaging hierarchies and plans
- Producing and editing clear, concise copy for online/online
- Leading and mentoring the in-house content /copy team while developing strong working partnership with agencies (as needed) to shape and define content needs
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives
- Use analytical skills and judgement to solve problems and frequently deal with complex issues that require in-depth evaluation
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 5-7 years of Marketing/Communications experience in retail or agency side
- Previous work experience as a content analyst or content strategist, ideally with an experience design agency / department.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Capable of mixing big-picture thinking with granular editorial review and copyediting
- Ability to clearly communicate complex or demanding subject matter, either verbally or in written form but also appreciates the nuances of brand authenticity and voice.
- Flexibility to work both independently and contribute as part of a comprehensive creative and content/copy team
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines on multiple projects
- A background in content creation
- Experience using WordTracker, Google AdWords, Content Analysis Tool, or other automated keyword, SEO, or content strategy tool a plus
- Ability to handle difficult situations with confidence and attain agreement
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Encourage a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Creative Director
Working Team: Brand Team
Works Closely with: Brand, Ecommerce, Product
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!