As the Senior Designer, Men’s you will mentor a high-performing, growing design team while overseeing the design of men’s apparel from concept to creation.. You will be responsible for designing various fits and constructions from cut and sew to seamless with advanced technology and performance driven aspects.
- Support the development of a culture that balances financial results and an execution-focus with a fun, dynamic and creative atmosphere
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions, and outlining key company objectives
- Use analytical skills and judgement to solve problems and frequently deal with complex issues that require in-depth evaluation
- Lead research and development of seasonal trends & sample development process
- Clearly articulate design vision, strategy and plans through presentations to the executive team
- Responsible to adhere to a calendar timeline
- Design and develop a successful multi product range and to identify and create key trends
- Manage development of appropriate product and sampling within critical path deadlines
- Liaise with customers on all aspects of design work and in turn help to develop product that is right for the customer by working with all of the product, fabric and graphic teams.
- Research and identify latest key trends to inspire and develop new ranges, and to compliment and drive forward existing product lines
- Ensure designs meet sku plans, assortment strategies and overall creative direction
- Some travel to factories for product development and conceptual projects required
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- University degree or diploma in design or related field or equivalent specialized experience
- 5+ years’ of apparel design experience
- Strong working knowledge of garment construction, fit, and patterns required
- Excellent skills in Illustrator and CAD tools -- hand sketching skills are a plus
- Previous experience overseeing and managing a team of design associates, technicians
- Previous experience working closely with full design team and understanding the importance of collaboration
- Well organized, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, adaptable to change and able to work closely with buyers and present your ideas, requiring a confident, 'can do' attitude to your work
- Knowledge of fashion forecasting, keen eye for global trends, colours, fabrics and details
- Entrepreneurial skills including: creative problem solving, understanding of sales reports and sales opportunities
- Willing and able to travel internationally
Reports to: Director of Design, Men’s
Working Team: Design Team
Works Closely with: Product Team
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!