As the Graphic Designer, you will collaborate with both designers and textile designers in executing the seasonal prints and designs. You will work closely with the Kit and Ace Design team to capture freelance as well as in house designs and the process of delivering seasonal direction, collecting submissions, and then working with production houses to execute the artwork.
- Create graphic design and illustration content required in order to meet all go to shop calendar by whens
- Partner with the Kit and Ace design team in the creation and execution of a seasonal theme
- Work with Kit and Ace factory partners to generate graphic capability advancements
- Efficiently process graphic design briefs in a timely manner
- Appropriately estimate the time required to complete each project by managing time effectively to meet all by when’s
- Present final ideas and be accepting of constructive feedback while understanding the constraints of the business
- research trends that support and propel the brand and seasonal direction
- Smart, no ego, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- A minimum of 3 years’ hands-on, practical experience in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor of Design or equivalent Previous experience developing product with supplier partners in short and long lead times. Posses’ excellent skills in the Adobe Creative Suite, hand sketching, excel, word, outlook.
- Capable of managing a large workload, producing quality work, and meeting by when’s
- Ability to be entrepreneurial
- Strong analytical skills with exceptionally good judgment and ability to rapidly adapt to unfamiliar and changing situations/events
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to handle highly confidential information and material
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Great sense of humour, positive outlook, and able to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Head Designer
Working Team: Design Team
Works Closely with: Design, Production, and Development
Type: Permanent, full-time position
Compensation: Let’s Talk
Location: Vancouver, BC
Keep in mind that Kit and Ace is a brand new company and everybody does a little bit of everything.
As the company grows, opportunities will present themselves and internal mobility and growth will be encouraged. We need awesome, hard-working people now that understand the ethos behind a start-up and are willing and excited to be a part of everything that goes along with it.
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please outline your mid-term life goals (the next five years) and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!